Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Its amazing how much fun...and frustration you get at the same time

Hey there!
 
Well for Sister Gibbons -
   When I first got here I thought that maybe we would just be learning the language and learning the lessons. As soon as we got into class they started talking about how we need to know what the investigators needs are and how we can address them. My first TRC (Practice Contacting and Teaching), my companion and I just let the spirit run the show...us not thinking it was very important, that it was just a practice, we left and talked about it a little and then we went on with our day. Come to find out the person who was playing the investigator was a young man who just a got a mission call and didn't feel like he wanted to go. After we challenged him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon he felt that he needed to go, that it was the right thing. I now feel so differently about any type of interaction while being a missionary. I feel as though we are just finding non-members or inactive ones, and we are simply here to help all know the truth in all things. This work is so important and is a nesscary part of my life. If one of us doesn't come, I can now think about how many souls are lost...how sad is it to tell our father we didn't feel like we wanted to...and that's why our brothers and sisters didn't get the chance. I love this work, this work is so important that we spend 2 years in a constant state of service. We all need this work, nonmember or member. Plus, its super fun to be around people who want the same things you do ;). I know that this is the right and true thing to do. There is no better work than to serve.
 
Well, now for the family stuff....
 
In my District we have 6 Guys and 4 Girls. And one of the sisters has an ankle problem so...Elder Hauver and I gave her a blessing, he anointed her and I sealed the anointing. That had to have been the most scary thing in my entire life...but I did it exactly as the spirit said I should and everything worked out...she woke up the next morning and was able to walk on it!
 
Spanish is...coming slowly now. I am sorta getting frustarted with the work... 
 
A few of my best friends left to their places Monday...So Sunday night we had a little thing in their room and we sang "Till We Meet Again"...and the night before that I had a Queso Party in their name...that was a lot of people in our room.
 
I wish I could see Fezz dancing...I love his little love dance. At least I know he still has the moves! I promised him a little tiny hat that we can wear around so when I get to Chile I will send him one. He is a hot thang...
 
Thank you so much for the package! It was a big hit with my District and we still have some left...but that won't last long. Also, thank Grandma and Grandpa Matson for the brownies they sent me...we elders ate some and let the sisters have some...and now they're gone...sisters ate them all! Haha, but thats ok because we like the sisters!
 
My companion is pretty cool, he has opened up and talks with me all the time! Elder Nolte says he thinks you raised me well. Elder Davis says he love you all from the heart of his bottom. Elder Wood, says thanks for your son. And Elder Hauver gives a shout out to Kayleigh! (and Sam and Silas...)
 
Tell Silas that he needs to get in with the teachers so he can do anything he wants to do. And don't get caught in the round up things...
 
Hows my car doing? Would you be able to send me a picture of it? The Elders here want to see it.
 
I love all the letters and things you are sending...I was homesick for the first few days, but now...Im not at all. I love you so very much, and I know that I will get to come home in a few years and see you all. Tell Dad we all started a lose weight contest here in my district...so far none of us have lost weight...
 
Its amazing how much fun you can have...and how much frustration you get at the same time. I finally had the horrible food problems...found me a nice toliet..and so did many of my roomies. And last night, Elder Larson scared me right before bed...and this morning Elder Davis scared the crap out of me too. I am so loved by all of my people.
 
So, we heard from someone else who is going to Chile (my mission, Osorno) that their flight time is 36 hours long. All of us looked at each other and said, finally, we will be able get some good amount of sleep! Oh, and I have already started to go insane...jokes that were never funny before and now very funny...and I acutally enjoy praying multiple times a day. Well, I gotta go...just about out of time.
 
I love you all very very very much...I will be home...in 2013.
 
:D BEN

No comments:

Post a Comment