Saturday, August 18, 2012

I am staying here for another cambio. The Lord has more work for me to do here.

 

Hey family!

It’s been a good week...well, hard on me, but a good week. We had lots of meetings and intercambios. Feels good to have a day to rest from my labors. Glad to hear everything is going well for all of you back home. Sounds like school will be crazy this year. That’s so crazy that Silas is in Langley’s English class! She is a great teacher. Keep working hard with her and you´ll do fine. Don´t worry about it too much haha, everything will work out in the end.

Wow, cool to hear that Rebekah is getting married! Chilean people are really nice and loving. They have a very close family relationship. I’ve noticed lots of marriage problems going on here where we are working. It’s so crazy...the Gospel is always the key to it. If both follow the Gospel they will be ok. It’s awesome.

GO SAM! I am glad to hear him starting his mission papers! It’ really good to do them, you start to feel things moving as you do that. Who knows where he will be called to...anywhere he goes will be the perfect place for him.

As for cambios...I haven´t heard who my companion is yet. But I do know that I am STAYING HAHA. The Lord has more work for me to do up here!! It’s so funny...no one could believe it. I am actually kinda glad...we just found some good people and families. I want to teach them and baptize them. Keep praying for us...we will need it.

I had a good interview with President the other day...it’s been really good to have him around. He is a great president and he helps me progress really well, too. He will take part in making me into the man the Lord wants -the man I want to be when I get back. I am trying my hardest to make sure I have good habits on all the stuff...only 4 or 5 cambios left till I am out of here...and I need to be ready and prepared. I need to make the most of the time I have left here...IT’S A MUST!

I love you all...stay strong. I want you all to read and pray everyday. Go to church and make the most out of your time there. It’s so important....I have seen the change in people when they do these simple things. The Lord gave us these things, because they are the powerful. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about my strong points and where I lack a bit. While doing this...an investigator named Patricio told me something that struck me a bit hard. He told me that he has never seen "passion" like I have for the Church. He said he could never have that in his life...and that he is glad to see someone who really has it. I was on an intercambio with Elder Abel in my sector. The day before that, I was in the Sector of the Zone Leaders on a intercambio and we were finishing out the day. It was like 8:30pm and we went to our last cita. I gave my testimony and turned to see Elder Arce, Paulina (the investigator), and Carlos (her boyfriend) all staring at me. Elder Arce had a huge smile on his face. Afterward, we talked about what we did good and how we can get better. He told me that if I taught in the way I gave my testimony that people wouldn´t be able to say no. He told me, jokingly, I was  "glowing". I never realized that my testimony had become so strong. I don´t know how...or why....but I like it.

I know this is the truth.

I love you all, so very much! Take care of yourselves and have a good week.

Love,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment