Monday, October 22, 2012

Wooo Hoo!!!

WOOO HOO!!!

THAT’S SO SWEET! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! THAT WAS SO QUICK! He is going to the MTC way sooner than I thought...and well...I won`t be able to see him. You’ll only have 2 kids in the house for 3 months. Oregon will be a great mission! I bet he’ll have a way cool mission. He will be able to speak the language and everything right off the bat! I can´t believe he’ll be able to go to the temple on his mission. I am so jealous...I haven´t been in a year and 6 months.

As for the mission stuff he will be buying...I would buy some good quality stuff. He will be in the states where things can be washed normally and he’ll have nice places to live. You should have 2 light towels, and plenty of garments and socks. Make sure to buy shirts for about a week and 3 days just in case. But basically everything I have is holding up well.

Things here this last week were very crazy. As you know I have been district leader for almost an entire year...and I am always finding new things I must deal with. I had 2 elders in my district get into a fight (with words)...while I helped them work it out, one of them asked to talk to me alone. He opened completely up to me and told me how he felt. I helped him out, gave him a blessing, and we had an intercambio that day (he goes with me and my companion goes to his sector). Then I watched a guy get robbed...and the police came right around the corner and held the thief down! Haha, crazy...then an investigator got into a fight with her boyfriend (who disliked the missionaries) and we found her in the street. We talked about it with her and then her boyfriend called. The next day, we showed up to the house to see her and to check up on her. Her boyfriend was there, and their kids...he let us in the house. We talked a bit and laughed...he then invited us to eat with them. We couldn’t because we had another cita...they also told us that now they are going to get married! She’ll be able to be baptized now! We got to church and after calling all morning, no one showed up. I sat down and prayed that God would please help someone get there by some miracle. Then, while I was sitting there I saw an investigator get there with her sister. We ran and sat by them, and then...ANOTHER ONE showed up halfway through. She said she wanted to go to church so she did and she found out that her friends come there to. A recent covert to the church was made a high priest this Sunday...and he told me, "When I opened my eyes during the prayer, we were encircled by a ton of people dressed in white". It was so cool to hear that.

We also had interviews this week with President. They were good...we didn’t really talk much about me. I told him what was going on in the district and we made plans to help them out. Then we talked about the computers here in the mission a bit. I have to start looking for a replacement as the computer tech. He told me, "We need to get you a scholarship in Dixie so that your close to my house to fix my computers." I laughed pretty good, but I think he might have had a double meaning there. OH and the package got here with the food and so we went to the church in Mata and played soccer and volleyball and ate the candy together. And then...I GOT SMACKED IN THE FACE WITH THE BALL....it hurt pretty good.

We also had a GOING TO HAWAII activity in the church. I got to make a video like we were on a plane...then the video of us dying! We died and and went to the FINAL JUDGEMENT...it was a good activity.

I am doing very well...Skylar wrote me. It was nice to hear from her...I get so busy that I just don´t have time to send the cards. I live kinda far away. I feel bad...but I will write her much more often. I have been having a great time with many new experiences. Sorry I can´t send pictures again...I don´t have much time. We got started late today.

I love you all so much!

GOOD LUCK SAM YOU´LL DO GREAT IN OREGAN! REMEMBER YOU’RE SENT THERE FOR A REASON! IT’S THE PERFECT PLACE FOR YOU!

With love,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment