Monday, April 2, 2012

This week was a "Refining Fire" for me

Hey Family!

It's been the craziest week ever...so many things have happened. At times, I feel that the only thing that can keep me going is praying and looking for hope in the scriptures. The which, always works. Conference was the coolest one I have ever seen and I loved it!! As well, thank you for the package...I shared it with the others and I still feel a bit sick. I had to buy 3 liters of milk to get it all down. I am working on my teaching power...it's getting there you know. Haha. I have had many problems to deal with here in the mission. Many within the district. I try so hard to do the right thing, but I slip and fall a lot. This week was a "Refining Fire" for me, and still continues to burn brighter and hotter every day. I can only pray and wait for deliverence. I love it...even when it hurts. Haha, I love the gospel. I have been reading the Book of Mormon. I have finished the New Testament, the Doctrine and Covenants, Book of Mormon (2 times in the mission), and the Pearl of Great Price. I will be heading to the dreaded Old Testament.

Conference was really cool, I learned so much! I loved the fact that I actually have favorite speakers now. I love hearing Elder Anderson, and Christofferson, but my favorite is Elder Richard G. Scott. He makes me so happy, and I love the way he talks. I hope to be like him, with all of the love he pours out. Haha, I feel like a gospel nerd at times...but maybe it's not a bad thing after all. I can still be me, and be of God. How did it go for you? Did you like the talks? Was it just me or does the prophet seem to have his spirit weighed down with sorrow and sadness? I think we might be losing someone...maybe it's just a thought. Either way, it's ok because it's not that bad to end the test of life.

So, here is what's going down with my life as a marked sick person. I have lost weight, while I am still healthy, but it's a lot of weight really fast...like 4 pounds every month for the past 3 months. I had a lot of headaches and weird sharp body pains going on. I have basically no appetite nor hunger except for in the beginning of the day. And, well...the doc of the mission said for me to take more Vitamin B(not the Beso kind of vitamin) to create more hunger. I have been taking it...but it hasn´t made me more hungry...haha. I have a ton of thirst though. It's the strangest thing ever. But I have to weigh myself Saturday to see if I am gaining or losing weight.

Wow, a call center, land of the nerds...home of the crazy email letters...and inside office jokes. Home to some of the meanest toughest mamas boys there are...it's perfect for Sam....JUST JOKING...no crying or anything. That's the hard part, the jobs are always far away and really don´t do too much on the crazy adventure side of working. Plus, with the girlfriend and all...it's kind of hard to balance to two out.

Haha, the jokes of the Grimshaw family! Gotta love them...and they are very well made I might add. The best part is that...when his real mission call really does come he won´t know what to think. Haha....that's really cool that they pulled such a good prank.

Oh yes, David...it is said that he will be here in Osorno...but I don´t know if that's the crazy dream of some of the sisters in the mission or an actual good source of information. If he comes...that would be weird....but hey that's cool. I am all good for a good P-Day of listening to music. I just hope that he speaks really well...because I sometimes don´t. Haha I saw him in the choir of the missionaries from the MTC at conference. Everyone made comments.

The Elder in the picture is from Argentina. His name is, Elder Amato. He came to the mission with me...I don´t know if they sent you a picture of my group when I got here...but he is there. The sister is Hermana Chacón, she is from Honduras. But in 2 weeks time, I will be leaving! Haha, what will the Lord do next...where will I go, do, and be? No one knows...well actually the President and the APs know. I have had a few hints from the APs...of the fact that I am leaving...but to where I do not know. I know the Lord has prepared the best cambio there because...this is the worst cambio of my life.

As for Silas, and the laziness to go to church. It's normal...I know it's hard at times and can be boring. But look, I know very well that the Lord will help him go if he prays for a desire to go. He will find some type of love for the church...Is he reading the scriptures every night? Is he praying? If not, I want to let him know to do it. Because, it's the way we feel good inside and it's the best way to find a like for the church.

The family McGuire...I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! I remember the fun time we had in scouts with GPS teasure hunting, and the cool valleys he took us to.

I am glad to hear the Chuck and Collete are doing well! Haha, I miss visiting them...my first taste of the mission work. It was amazing, and they always taught me good things. I got to see how people really do change. They will always be special to me...take good care of them till I get back.

Tell all our family in our ward Hi for me. I love them all.

I very much love you...for all that you have done. You, my parents, have helped me more than I can ever express. I honestly am grateful and honored to be called your son. I know God will help you through the trials that come, and hold you up strongly.

Stay strong, keep progressing, and be happy!

I love you all

Ben

Elder Guerra has found a new way to tract

Watch out Elder, that's how earthquakes get started!!!

My Easter Treats!!!

Goal setting

No comments:

Post a Comment