Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Letter From The Hermanas

Hma Steinmetz, Van Patten, Howe & Kitto in Mother's Day Photo with Elder Burge

None of the missionaries in the MTC get to call home for Mother's Day.  The Sister missionaries sent this picture and a letter for mom.  Here's the letter:
Dear Sister Burge,

As sisters in your son's MTC district, we wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much we appreciate the way you have raised your son:

Your son is so wonderful!  He brings such an excitement and enthusiasm to the district.  He is always looking for opportunities to serve.  I love how excited and happy he gets when he feels the spirit, it is contagious and just makes me so happy.  It is so wonderful how much he cherishes his priesthood.  He told me you found my blog and I'm so glad you did! Your son is such a great example to me and I know he is an amazing missionary and will bless the lives of so many people. I am grateful for the way you raised him.  Happy Mother's Day!!
                                                  - Hermana Katie Howe
Sister Burge - 

Let me just tell you how much fun it has been to have Ben in our distrito! I love his optimism and enthusiasm for life and this gospel.  He is learning so quickly!  His spanish is so GOOD!  He never misses an opportunity to promise blessings, or bear testimony of the power of the priesthood.  He has such righteous desires and is always willing to serve.  We have our many inside jokes and he has said some hilarious things that I will never forget!  I can only imagine how much you love him and miss having his bright personality around!  Thank you for raising him to be a shining example that he is!  Happy Mother's Day!  - Hermana Rachel Kitto
P.S. I'm excited to serve in Osorno with Elder Burge!  I will keep my eye on him for you!  I know he will be wonderful!

Sister Burge - 
Your son is so much fun!  He brings such an enthusiasm and excitement for the work.  He lights up the room when he walks in to it and I can feel of his enthusiasm!  He is always willing to serve no matter when the opportunity!   His excitement is contagious and I get excited about sharing the gospel.  That is going to be such a blessing to him as he serves the people of Chile.  I have learned so much from him and I'm grateful for the opportunity to get to know such a fine young stripling warrior.  He will work wonders - I am sure of it!  Thank you for raising such a sturdy and righteous Elder!  Happy Mother's Day! - Hermana Steinmetz

Sister Burge -
Your son is such a spiritual light to our district.  He has a love and excitement for the gospel which is literally contagious.  He loves teaching and testifying of the gospel.  It's not difficult to see how much the gospel means to your son.  He also has a hilarious sense of humor and an energetic personality!  He has some way to make me laugh on a daily basis and our district would not be complete without our Elder Burge.  Thank you so much for raising such a fun-loving, valiant son.  Happy Mother's Day!  Hermana Jamie Van Patten

Thanks to you, your stripling warrior is strong, and has already blessed the lives of many.  "Yea, they had been taught by their mothers" - Alma 56:47



No comments:

Post a Comment