Thursday, April 14, 2011

My District is starting to go nuts...I'm glad I've got Elder Larsen

My week has been pretty crazy.  My district finally wants to start SYL (Speak Your Language - i.e., speak only Spanish)...I wanted to about a week ago and did, but Elder Davis was getting mad about it, so I stopped.
 
I met a girl who reminds me of Ringgenburg and she is really fun to play foursquare with, because she hits the ball so strangely! I think I am learning a lot about the kind of girl I want to be with when I get back, but for now I am content with being a missionary.
 
My district is starting to go nuts with all these rules and stuff. No hands in pockets (stupid) and after 10 pm we can't talk, we don't even go to bed till 10:30 pm on the MTC schedule. Its made Elder Larson and I stronger as a companionship, because we have to sneak around our roommates.  I am now in possession of two artifacts that have been handed down to a worthy keeper (I am the new worthy keeper). Every time a district leaves we inherit all their candy and smuggled soda pop. I have 2 boxes of stuff under my bed!!! Its easy to get rid of though when new dristicts come in...MUHAHA! Tomorrow, we will be the oldest district in our zone because lots of people here at the MTC got called out early for some reason.

Elder Larson and I are ready to get out of here...I would gladly leave to Chile not knowing any Spanish. But I hold on and keep on working and doing what I am told by my higher ups. I just became Senior Companion and its pretty easy because nothing has changed...we kinda just work together well and we love it. I am glad I got Elder Larson.
 
I am still worried about the language, but it will come.  Elder Larson and I have been translating stuff and working on language. He learns so much faster than I do...but he helps me out.
 
In the past 3 days I have learned of 3 deaths...My buddy Seth Pratt who is here found out a guy from our school committed suicide 2 days ago...he was shaken up pretty bad. I just put my arm around him while he cried...now Steve McCann and the secretary's husband. I can't believe my computer buddy died...I know he is back home with Heavenly Father but still...its weird. The more I grow in faith the less things seem to bother me...like pain, trials, and death. I am learning that its all part of the plan, and really it is for just a short season.
 
Haha, I bet fezz sounds horrible! I love him for it though...it is so good to know he is being taken care of. It has relieved my mind a little.
 
It feel like its been such a short while here at the MTC and I don't know what to think. This time I have here is going by so quickly I can only imagine what it will be like in the field. I get worreid about things sometimes, but I have to keep pushing on, and its hard to do that. So wish me luck I love you all very much and I promise I will be safe in Chile. By the way, I get to call you when I am at the airport heading to Chile. So be prepared for a call...MUHAHAHA
 
Amor,
Elder Burge

No comments:

Post a Comment